I decided to write this post after a client of mine pointed out that it was helpful for her to hear how much I myself struggle with eating well all the time. I have been having trouble with my own cravings, willpower, and struggles as much as anyone else. There will always be someone who tells you they don’t have struggles and they just eat healthy all the time.. maybe that’s true, but it’s not normal.
Yes, some people have that strong of willpower, but not everyone and I’m here to tell you that for most people this isn’t true and every day is a struggle between making a healthy choice and making a choice based on convenience, cravings, or just being flat out tired of having to think about food all the time.
For that reason, I’m going to do a series for all of May on ways to try to help this, for myself and for my readers. I don’t want anyone to feel like they have to be on a “diet” or that they have to follow a certain set of “rules” all the time.
So for this series I’m going to tackle:
– Cravings – why do we get them and how to deal with them
– Moderation – what does this really mean?
– Food Feelings – how does your mood affect your food cravings and/or aversions and then also how do you food choices change the way you feel
– Addictions – why do we crave sugars and fats so much?
– Best Practices – are there any “rules” that should be followed?
If there are other topics you’d like to hear about, let me know! This series is as much about me re-gaining control as it is about helping others around me do the same. Once you can conquer why you do certain things and truly understand them, it makes it easier to change them!